Treat yourself to these triple choc cupcakes topped with Nutella, Ferrero Rochers and chocolate sprinkles.
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 240g (3 /4 cup) Nutella
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Chocolate flakes or sprinkles, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line twelve 80ml (13 cup) muffin pans with large paper cases. Place the sugar, butter, chocolate and water in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift the flours and cocoa over the egg mixture. Gently fold in until just combined. Divide mixture among the prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread the cooled cupcakes with Nutella. Top each with a dollop of cream, a Ferrero Rocher and chocolate flakes or sprinkles.