This moist chocolate cake is perfectly irresistible.
- Olive oil, to grease
- 2 eggs
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) Home Brand Cocoa Powder
- 160ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) low-fat milk
- Cocoa powder, extra, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a square 19cm (base measurement) cake pan with oil to grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs and sugar in a small bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sift in the combined flours and cocoa powder. Fold until the mixture is almost combined. Add the olive oil and milk, and fold until combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with cocoa powder to serve.