Impress everyone with this fabulous chocolate cake, and have a happy and safe Easter!
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Small solid chocolate Easter eggs, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm round cake pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%), stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes or until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add cooled chocolate. Beat until just combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Fold ½ the flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Fold ½ the milk into chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and milk. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean (cover with foil if over-browning). Stand in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a spatula, spread chocolate-hazelnut spread all over top of cake. Decorate with Easter eggs. Serve.