Elegance is easy to achieve at brunch with these gourmet smoked salmon omelettes.
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh chives
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- 400g sliced smoked salmon
- Place flour in a medium jug. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir until a smooth paste forms. Add eggs, remaining milk and chives. Whisk until smooth. Heat a 20cm non-stick crepe or frying pan over medium-low heat. Lightly spray with oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into pan and swirl to thinly cover base. Cook, on one side only, for 1 minute or until set. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 omelettes.
- Place sour cream, 1 teaspoon of lemon rind, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Top omelettes with salmon. Drizzle with sour cream mixture. Roll up to enclose.
- Slice omelettes diagonally. Serve.