Good things can come in small packages - serve these tasty carmelised onion and chipolata rolls as a starter or finger food for your next dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 8 turkey chipolata sausages
- 8 dinner rolls
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium. Add oil and cook onion for 4-5 mins, stirring frequently, until onion starts to soften and colour (this may also be cooked in a frying pan).
- Add balsamic vinegar, sugar and thyme. Cook over a low heat, stirring, for 10 mins, until onion is very soft. Season to taste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook chipolatas on barbecue plate or char-grill for 8-10 mins, turning, until cooked through. Serve in rolls with onions.