Impress your family and friends with this sensational Chinese five-spice pork roast served with Chinese broccoli and steamed rice.
- 3 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2.3kg Australian pork boneless leg roast
- 2 bunches Chinese broccoli (gai lan)
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230C. Dry pork thoroughly with paper towel.
- Combine five-spice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub salt mixture into pork skin and scoring. Place pork, rind side up in a roasting tray and cook for 30 mins or until skin starts to blister and crackle. Reduce oven temperature to 200C and cook for 2 hrs or until just cooked through. Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest for 15 mins.
- Boil, steam or microwave Chinese broccoli until just tender. Drain. Add to pan with pork, turning to coat in juices. Serve with chilli, coriander and steamed rice.