Paired with a zesty charred mango salsa, this barbecued salmon is perfect for sharing.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1.5kg side of salmon (skin on)
- 3 mangoes, cheeks removed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place garlic, oregano, parsley, lemon rind, chilli flakes, oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Place a 60cm piece of foil on a flat surface. Top with a 50cm piece baking paper. Place salmon along centre of baking paper, skin-side down. Spread salmon with chimichurri mixture. Scrunch the foil edges around the salmon, keeping the top open.
- Preheat barbecue (with hood) hotplate and grill on medium-high heat. Cook mango on grill, cut-side down, for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to char. Transfer to a board.
- Turn off barbecue grill, leaving hotplate on. Place salmon on grill. Close hood. Cook, using indirect heat, for 20 to 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, using a large metal spoon scoop mango flesh from skin. Roughly chop mango. Place in a bowl. Add onion, mint, chilli and lime juice. Toss gently to combine. Serve salmon with mango salsa and lime wedges.