Chilli and lime king prawns with chipotle mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, very finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime and juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1kg green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) light olive oil
- 2 canned chipotle chillies in adobo sauce (see notes), plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- For the mayonnaise, place the yolk, lime juice, vinegar and a good pinch of sea salt flakes in a food processor and whiz to combine. With the motor running, add the light olive oil in a slow, steady stream until you have a thick, glossy mayonnaise. Add the chipotle chillies, adobo sauce and barbecue sauce, then whiz until smooth. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook garlic and chilli, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Stir in the lime zest and half the lime juice, then increase heat to medium-high. Add prawns and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked, squeezing remaining lime juice over prawns as they cook.
- Place prawns on a serving plate and spoon over a little garlic oil from the pan. Serve warm or cold with chipotle mayonnaise, lime wedges and bread.