Start off the festive season on the right foot with these feisty crab and cucumber soup shots.
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, flesh roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (see note)
- 1 cup fresh crabmeat (see note)
- Place the cucumber, avocado, spring onion, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 tablespoons coriander in a blender with 1 cup (250ml) iced water. Season, then blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the coconut cream and adjust seasoning to taste. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the oil, sambal oelek, crab and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a bowl. Finely chop the remaining 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and add to crab mixture. Season well with salt, then stir to combine. Serve the soup in small cups or shot glasses, topped with a spoonful of spicy crab.