Twist up the menu with this chicken version of traditional stroganoff.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Stir-Fry Strips
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (180g) Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 250g dried fettuccine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in two batches, for 3-4 mins or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the mushroom and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until mushroom is lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste, lemon juice and stock. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Add the sour cream and chives and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with stroganoff and serve with steamed broccolini.