Mouth-watering Asian flavours spring to life in this super-healthy and easy chicken noodle salad.
- 2 (about 500g) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 x 150g pkt pad Thai noodles (Trident brand)
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 80g (about 1/3 bunch) watercress, sprigs picked, washed, dried
- 60g snow pea sprouts, halved
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 80g (1/2 cup) whole salted roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons fried shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Half fill a frying pan with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Shred chicken into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain. Return to the bowl.
- To make the grapefruit chilli dressing, combine grapefruit juice, sweet chilli sauce, peanut oil and garlic in a screwtop jar. Shake until well combined.
- Add chicken, capsicum, watercress, snow pea sprouts and green shallot to noodles and toss until well combined. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat.
- Divide salad among serving plates. Sprinkle with cashews and fried shallots. Serve immediately.