This hearty high-fibre meatball soup is practically a meal in a bowl.
- 60g All-Bran Original
- 350g lean chicken breast mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 65g (1/3 cup) white long-grain rice
- 200g (1 cup) fresh corn kernels
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced into 1cm rounds
- Finely grated lemon zest, to garnish
- To make the meatballs, place All-Bran Original in a food processor and process until they become coarse crumbs. Place the All-Bran Original, the chicken mince, half the garlic, the parsley, basil and egg in a large bowl. Using clean hands, mix all ingredients until well combined. Using slightly wet hands, take tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Add stock, bring to the boil. Add the meatballs and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the rice and corn and simmer for 10 minutes until the rice is almost cooked. Return the meatballs to the pan with the beans and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the beans are tender.
- Serve garnished with extra chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.