We love this nutrient-packed weeknight dinner, which is high in vitamin content and low in calories.
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1.5L (6 cups) water, plus 375ml extra
- 2 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 150g (3/4 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into florets
- 12 fresh cherries, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio kernels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine onion, peppercorns and pinch of salt in a saucepan with water. Bring to boil over high heat. Add chicken. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside, covered, for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken. Cool, then shred.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and extra water in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until water absorbs. Cool. Stir in chia seeds.
- Cook peas and broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water and drain.
- Place chicken, quinoa mixture, peas, broccolini, cherries, parsley, chives and pistachio in bowl. Whisk together vinegar and oil in bowl. Add to salad. Toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.