Try something new this Christmas with this cherry chilli-glazed roast pork with cherry salsa.
- 2 1/5kg Australian pork loin roast
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries
- 250g cherries, pitted, halved
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Untie pork and remove rind and excess fat. Roll again and tie to secure. Use a small sharp knife to cut 2cm-deep slits in pork. Place in a roasting pan.
- Process garlic, chilli, salt, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a small food processor until finely chopped. Add cherries and process until a paste forms. Pour over pork, pushing into the incisions. Cover and refrigerate for 1hr.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Roast pork for 30 mins. Reduce temperature to 170C or 150C fan. Roast for another 1 hr or until cooked through. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make cherry salsa, toss cherries, coriander, spring onion and almonds in a bowl. Whisk lime juice, zest and oil in a jug. Season. Drizzle over cherry mixture. Toss to combine.
- Slice pork and serve with cherry salsa.