Partner crisp mixed beans with juicy, tender kingfish.
- 4 x 180g skinless kingfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 720g can mixed beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted capsicum
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- For the chermoula, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the kingfish to the chermoula and toss to coat well. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup mixed beans in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Add the bean puree to the saucepan with the capsicum, chicken stock and remaining beans. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the kingfish fillets for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked through.
- Serve the kingfish with the Moroccan bean mixture and garnish with coriander