Bite into these slow cooked turkey meatballs to discover the oozy, cheesy surprise inside.
- 750g turkey mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100g mozzarella cheese, cut into 1cm cubes (about 24)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pasta, to serve
- Place mince, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg and cinnamon in a large bowl. Season and mix well using hands. Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture around a cube of mozzarella to form a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture until you have about 24 balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, turning gently with an egg flip, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Cook onion and bay leaf, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine has nearly evaporated. Stir through tomatoes, Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style and allspice. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce temperature to low.
- Return meatballs to pan and cook covered for 5 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Serve with pasta and sprinkle with extra parsley.