Enjoy Greek comfort food at it's finest with this hearty pastitsio.
- 150g Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Australian Lamb Mince
- 400g tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 165g packet cheese finishing sauce
- 125g shredded parma cheese
- 200g packet Made Easy Kale & Beetroot Salad Kit
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add lamb and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 mins or until browned. Add pasta sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5-7 mins or until thick. Heat cheese sauce following packet directions.
- Preheat grill on high. Place the pasta in a 1.5L ovenproof dish. Pour over the mince mixture, then the cheese sauce. Top with cheese. Cook under grill for 5 mins or until golden and heated through. Serve with the salad.