These bite-size treats are perfect for summer entertaining.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 oranges, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 18 extra-large green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g dried chorizo, cut into 18 pieces
- Combine the oil, paprika, garlic, orange juice and 1 tbs oregano in a small bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Soak toothpicks or skewers in water for 15 minutes. Heat a barbecue or chargrill to medium-high. thread 1 prawn, 1 piece of asparagus and 1 slice of chorizo onto each skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 18 skewers.
- Grill skewers, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Scatter with remaining 1 tbs oregano. Brush orange wedges with a little extra oil, then grill for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Serve with prawn skewers.