Put your own twist on classic soups with modern flavours and fresh ideas.
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (500g) small bunch kale, chopped, thick stems removed
- 2 (250g) chorizo, finely chopped
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- When potato is tender, coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add kale leaves and simmer for 10 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo in a non-stick frying pan until crisp. Stir half the chorizo into the soup. Sprinkle remaining chorizo over soup.