This classic Christmas turkey is stuffed with a delightful mix of brie, walnuts, cranberry sauce and mixed herbs.
- 1/2 cup crumbed walnuts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup whole cranberry sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 150g brie, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 2 x 1.5kg fresh single turkey breasts with skin (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Steamed asparagus and broccolini, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with sides with baking paper. Combine walnuts, parsley, chives, mustard, garlic, cranberry sauce, mixed spice, breadcrumbs and brie in a medium bowl. Season. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1 turkey breast along 1 side to create a pocket (do not cut all the way through). Place 1/2 the breadcrumb mixture into pocket. Secure with 3 or 4 toothpicks. Using kitchen string, tie turkey breast at 4cm intervals. Repeat with remaining turkey breast and stuffing.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook 1 breast, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to prepared tray. Repeat with remaining oil and breast. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with extra cranberry sauce and greens.