So many different variations. You can alter your bragoli to suit you. The perfect recipe when you are sick of fried steak or your meat is that little too tough to get your teeth around! Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans, or whatever you like.
- 2 small hard boiled eggs diced
- 4 bacon rashers
- 4 beef steaks battered with a meat tenderiser or rolling pin
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- 4 bayleaves
- 2 onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 stick of celery diced
- 1 small glass of red wine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- Hard boil the eggs and set aside. Once cooled dice.
- Slightly fry your bacon for 2 minutes and chop.
- Tenderise your steaks.
- In a bowl mix your eggs, bacon, garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Get your mixture and place some of it onto your meat.
- Wrap your meat around the mixture by rolling the meat to make a parcel and fasten with toothpicks.
- In a casserole dish add some oil and add the bay leaves.
- Over a medium heat lightly brown your bragoli and set aside.
- In the same dish fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery, and fry for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- On top of the sauce add your bragoli.
- Simmer on a stove top for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When there is 30- minutes remaining add in the peas.