Its not so hard to make tasty Turkish pide from scratch and with our tasty bolognaise filling, the whole family will be asking for more.
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) high-grade plain flour
- 2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 185ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg (4 cups) bolognaise sauce (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the water and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until combined and a soft dough forms. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll out 1 dough portion to make an oval shape about 13cm wide and 32cm long. Spoon 250g (1 cup) of bolognaise down the centre, leaving a 2cm border at each end. Fold in the sides to enclose filling slightly, leaving an opening down the centre. Pinch sides of dough and fold over ends to seal. Place on prepared tray. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Repeat with remaining dough and bolognaise sauce.
- Meanwhile, combine the mint and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Serve the pide with yoghurt sprinkled with the mint mixture.