Blueberry and lemon is a winning combination in this lush fruity swirl dessert. It's also a great healthy snack option with a cup of tea at the weekend.
- 290g (2 cups) cashew nuts
- 185ml (3/4 cup) coconut milk, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 125ml (1/2 cup) melted coconut oil
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen blueberries, thawed in a bowl
- 80g (1/2 cup) cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 80g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 150g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Place cashews in a large bowl. Cover with cold water. Soak for 4 hours. Rinse under cold running water and drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- For the base, process cashews, sunflower seeds and coconut in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add dates, oil and salt. Process until well combined. Press into base of prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Use a high-speed blender to blend soaked cashews, milk, juice, maple syrup, vanilla, rind and 100ml oil until very smooth. Transfer two-thirds (about 550g) of the cashew mixture to a bowl and stir in extra coconut milk. Add berries and any juice from the bowl, and remaining oil to the blender with remaining cashew mixture and blend, scraping down sides occasionally, until very smooth. Spoon half the mixtures, in random spoonfuls, into the prepared pan. Use a butter knife to create a swirled effect. Repeat with remaining mixtures, using the knife to create a swirled effect. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or until set.
- Stand pan at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into 18 pieces. Store in a lined airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.