Whet your appetite with this beautiful an versatile Turkish-inspired dip.
- 650g (about 3) beetroots, trimmed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 280g (1 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place beetroots with 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap each beetroot loosely in foil, then place in a shallow ovenproof dish. Roast for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Unwrap beetroots and cool to room temperature.
- Coarsely grate beetroots and place in a colander to drain off excess liquid. Combine beetroots, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and yoghurt in a large bowl, then season. Makes 2 cups.