Beer and black pepper make an irresistible marinade for these succulent steaks.
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 sirloin (New York) steaks
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Campbell's Real Stock Beef
- oven fries and green salad, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup stout or dark beer
- Sprinkle pepper over both sides of steaks, pressing on with your fingertips. Place in a single layer into a shallow dish.
- Make marinade Combine garlic and beer. Pour over steaks. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before cooking.
- Spray a heavy-based frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Drain steaks, reserving marinade. Pat steaks dry. Cook steaks, 2 at a time, for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil.
- Pour reserved marinade into frying pan. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until reduced. Serve sauce over steaks with fries and salad.