Feed a crowd with this beer and honey infused slow-cooked lamb, served with creamy mashed potato and sautÃ©ed vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2.4kg Australian Lamb Leg Whole Roast
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 10cm-piece ginger, sliced
- 330ml btl lager beer
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80ml) honey
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Spring onion, extra, sliced, to serve
- Sauteed kale, baby broccoli and chilli, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 5 mins each side or until well browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add halved spring onion and ginger to pan. Cook for 3 mins or until vegetables are starting to brown. Add beer. Cook for 5 mins or until reduced by half. Add stock and honey. Bring to the boil. Return lamb to pan. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook lamb, covered, turning once, for 3 hours or until tender. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Sprinkle mash with sliced spring onion. Serve with lamb and vegetables.