Full of fresh herbs and spices, beef kofta has always been delicious. Now we've made it even better with this low-fat version.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 10 saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- 200ml container skim-milk natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, extra
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and paste-like.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a wooden skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
- Place the saffron and hot milk in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook under preheated grill, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
- Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well. Serve kofta with saffron yoghurt.