This recipe for beef dhal is a great way to incorporate extra fibre into your diet.
- 1/4 cup yellow split peas
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balti curry paste
- 4 cups Bolognese sauce (see related recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Toasted Turkish bread, Greek-style yoghurt and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Cook split peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add lentils. Boil for a further 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add bolognese, lemon juice and drained peas and lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in coriander. Serve beef dhal with toasted Turkish bread, yoghurt and coriander.