Serve these favourite Indian starters before a meal, as a family snack or in front of your favourite television program.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g beef mince
- 1 small (120g) potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince and potato. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add curry powder. Cook for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add peas. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are heated through. Stir in coriander and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease 2 large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Using an 8cm round cutter, cut 16 rounds from pastry sheets. Place 2 level teaspoons of mince mixture on the centre of each round. Brush edges with egg. Fold over pastry to enclose filling. Pinch edges together to seal. Place on prepared trays. Brush with egg.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve with lime wedges.