Juicy beef basted with a sweet teriyaki sauce makes crowd-pleasing bites.
- 9 (about 250g) beef sizzle steaks, quartered
- 1 bunch (about 12) shallots, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- Oil spray
- 125ml (1/2 cup) teriyaki sauce
- Place 3 steak pieces on a clean work surface. Place a piece of shallot on top of each piece of steak. Roll up to enclose. Thread onto a skewer. Repeat with the remaining steak and shallot to make 12 skewers.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Add half the skewers and brush with some sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn and brush with a little more sauce. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining skewers and a little more sauce.
- Add remaining sauce to the pan. Simmer for 1 minute or until reduced slightly. Drizzle sauce over the skewers.