Beef and beetroot are perfect partners in this tasty spring salad.
- 2 x 300g Australian beef fillet steaks
- 4 salad onions, trimmed, halved lengthways
- Olive oil spray
- 100g baby spinach
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 250g packet ready to eat beetroot, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- Sourdough bread, to serve
- Spray beef and onion with oil. Season. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion for 3 mins each side or until beef is cooked to your liking and onion is golden. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice beef.
- Combine spinach, lentils, celery and beetroot on a serving platter. Top with beef and onions.
- Whisk horseradish cream, sour cream, vinegar, honey and chives in a small jug. Season. Drizzle salad with dressing. Serve with bread.