The earthy taste of lentils pairs perfectly with the creamy saltiness of the fetta in this quick and easy salad.
- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated fetta
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 100g chargrilled eggplant, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle steaks with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice.
- Drain fetta, reserving 1/4 cup oil. Place lentils on a platter. Top with tomato, eggplant, parsley and fetta. Drizzle with reserved oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.