Get the kids to lend a hand making these cute cupcakes featuring gummy bear couples enjoying a day at the beach.
- 125g butter, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 24 gummy bears
- Blue sprinkles, to decorate
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Blue food colouring
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3-cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 7 minutes until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a heatproof bowl (see note). Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in egg until combined. Sift flours and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Whisk until combined. Divide mixture between paper cases. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Spoon 1/3 buttercream into a bowl. Tint remaining buttercream blue. Beat until combined.
- Using a small serrated knife, level cupcake tops. Spread cupcakes with blue and white buttercream (see picture). Arrange bears and umbrellas on white buttercream. Sprinkle blue buttercream with sprinkles. Serve.