With just four simple ingredients green beans are transformed into a tasty side.
- 1kg green beans
- 1 lemon
- 4 four tablespoons of olive oil
- slivered almonds, roasted, to serve
- Trim the ends from 1kg of thin, green beans.
- Blanch the beans for 1-2 minutes, refresh in cold water. Drain. Place the juice from one lemon and four tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the beans, stir to coat and warm through.
- Serve drizzled with the lemon oil, garnish with lemon zest and roasted slivered almonds.