Want to save time during the week? This simple midweek meal uses six shortcut ingredients to satisfy your need for speed.
- 1 bunch (200g) kale, trimmed, centre veins removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 x 450g ciabatta bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Tear kale into small pieces. Place, in a single layer, on prepared trays. Spray well with oil. Season with salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking time, or until leaves are crisp. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray ciabatta slices with oil. Cook, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until toasted. Place on a wire rack. Cut 1 garlic clove in half. While hot, rub each side of toast with cut side of garlic. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop remaining garlic. Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato and stock. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Add beans. Simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Top soup with kale and serve with toast.