A simple yet sophisticated Bean, Basil & Feta Salad is the perfect compliment to any dinner, particularly barbecued lamb or beef.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400g green beans, ends trimmed
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch green beans in a large pan of boiling water for 1-2 mins, until bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water to refresh. Transfer to a platter. Scatter with cannellini beans and basil. Top with feta.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad when ready to serve. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.