Basque burnt cheesecake
- 600g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (275g) caster sugar
- 300ml double thick cream
- 1 tbs plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake pan with baking paper, so the paper comes 2cm above the rim of the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese using electric beaters until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the sugar, then the cream, then add the flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan gently on a flat surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is dark brown, and cake is set but with a slight wobble in the centre and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the pan. This cake is best eaten within a few hours of baking.