Entertaining the crowds is made easy with a tasty platter of these chicken and avocado wonton cups.
- 1 (about 250g) single chickenbreast fillet
- Olive oil, to grease
- 24 fresh flour wonton wrappers
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- 12 fresh green basil leaves, washed, dried, shredded
- 2 fresh long red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the chicken in a small frying pan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Shred and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, brush twenty-four 30ml (1 1/2-tablespoons) capacity mini muffin pans with oil to lightly grease. Place a wonton wrapper in each pan and press to line base and side, extending above the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside in the pans until required.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted (see microwave tip). Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add the basil, chilli, green shallot, garlic and sour cream to the chicken mixture and stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the avocado and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly among wonton cups. Arrange on a serving platter. Top with the avocado mixture and serve immediately.