For an Aussie style Christmas, throw these turkeys onto the barbie and enjoy them with cranberry relish.
- 8 turkey breast steaks
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 3 cups craisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Place turkey steaks in a shallow dish.
- In a jug, combine cider, syrup, oil, garlic and thyme. Pour over turkey and chill for at least 30 mins, turning occasionally.
- To make the cranberry relish: Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil on high, stirring. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 mins. Allow to cool before serving. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Preheat a barbecue or char-grill on medium. Cook turkey for 8-10 mins, each side, until cooked through. Serve with cranberry relish.