Master the perfect barbecue meal every time with this steak, potato and corn combo.
- 4 x 150g beef rump steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large brown onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 medium sebago potatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 225g packet dry coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar
- 4 corn cobs, husks attached, grilled, to serve
- 1â„4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Rub steaks with 1/2 the oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Place onion rings and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Barbecue Sauce: Combine barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small microwave-safe jug. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate and grill on medium-high heat. Grill beef for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking, brushing beef with half the Barbecue Sauce halfway through cooking. Cook onion rings on hotplate, tossing, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer beef to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Transfer onion to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prick potatoes all over with a fork. Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towel. Cover with a piece of paper towel. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Combine sour cream, lime juice and 2 tablespoons warm water in a large bowl. Add coleslaw. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cut a cross in the top of each potato. Gently squeeze the base to open top. Place on serving plates. Top with coleslaw and cheese.
- Spoon remaining Barbecue Sauce over steaks. Top with onion. Serve with jacket potatoes and grilled corn.