Drizzle the green chilli and parsley sauce over the barbecued prawns for a festive touch.
- 1kg (about 16) extra large green king prawns, peeled leaving tails intact
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 3 fresh jalapeno chillies, halved, deseeded, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To make the green chilli & parsley sauce, place the chilli, parsley, garlic, anchovy and 1 tablespoon of oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the lemon juice and remaining oil in a thin, steady stream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit lengthways along the centre of the back of each prawn (don't cut all the way through). Devein. Use your fingers to gently open each prawn slightly.
- Brush a barbecue flat plate or chargrill with oil to grease. Preheat on high. Drizzle the oil over the prawns. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the barbecue and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place the prawns on a serving platter and serve with the green chilli & parsley sauce and lemon wedges.