Light and deliciously tangy, this prawn and salsa combo is the perfect alfresco starter.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 30 (about 100g each) large green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine the oil, garlic and coriander in a small bowl. Place the prawns on a plate. Brush both sides of each prawn with the oil mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until required.
- To make the avocado pico de gallo, combine the tomato, avocado, onion, fresh coriander, lemon juice, oil, ground coriander and cumin in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on high. Cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes each side or until the prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with the avocado pico de gallo.