Snack on homemade naan bread topped with a delicious, zingy ginger chutney and thinly sliced pineapple. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
- 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup (95g) plain yoghurt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
- 2cm-piece ginger (about 15g), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 1 birdseye chilli, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (leaves and tender stems, about 40g), plus more leaves for serving
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthways, cored, thinly sliced crossways
- To make naan, in a small bowl, mix yeast, 3/4 teaspoons sugar and 1/2 cup (125ml) warm water (about 45C). Set aside for 5 mins or until foamy. Stir in 2 tablespoons yoghurt and the oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, remaining 1 1/4 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon fine sea salt. Pour yoghurt mixture into flour mixture and, using a fork, mix until dough forms. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces and shape into balls. Place dough balls on an oiled baking tray and rub them lightly with some oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot for 50 mins or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, to make ginger-coriander chutney, in a food processor, blend oil, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, chilli, ground coriander and sugar until well blended. Add fresh coriander and blend until smooth. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Prepare barbecue for medium heat. Lightly oil grill grates.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball on a floured work surface into a thin oval, about 9cm wide. Set naan aside on oiled baking tray.
- Place naan on grates and barbecue for 2 mins each side or until char marks form and naan is cooked through. Wrap naan in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Spread chutney over naan and top with pineapple. Cut naan into smaller pieces. Transfer naan to a platter. Place remaining yoghurt in a small resealable bag. Cut 1 corner of bag and drizzle yoghurt over pineapple. Top with fresh coriander leaves and serve.