A delicious dish that brings together two of spring's best ingredients: lamb and asparagus
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 800g Lamb Leg Steaks, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 2mm-thick rounds
- 2 teaspoons fine lemon zest, plus extra to serve
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 120g punnet Baby Spinach
- 3 radishes, shaved or thinly sliced
- 100g Greek fetta
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, oregano and garlic. Season. Transfer half the mixture to another large bowl. Add the lamb cubes, onion and lemon zest to the oregano mixture in one bowl and gently massage into the lamb. Marinate at room temperature for 20 mins. Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill on high.
- Skewer the lamb pieces onto 4 very long skewers or 8 standard skewers, threading the onion slices between the lamb as tightly as possible. Season generously with salt. Cook on grill, turning to brown evenly, for 6 mins or until medium-rare. Transfer to a platter to rest.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil. Season. Cook asparagus, turning, for 3 mins or until charred but still crisp-tender. Add asparagus, spinach and radish to the second bowl of oregano mixture and toss to coat. Season.
- Crumble the fetta over the salad. Sprinkle the extra lemon zest over the skewers and serve with lemon wedges.