Throw some heat into the mix and top this juicy, barbecued steak with fiery homemade jalepeno salsa.
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 Australian Beef Porterhouse Steaks
- Iceberg lettuce wedges, to serve
- Cucumber sticks, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Combine the tomato, chopped coriander, onion, jalapeÃ±o, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 mins to develop the flavours.
- Combine the garlic salt, pepper and remaining oil in a small bowl. Rub over the steaks to coat. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the steaks for 4 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Divide the steaks, lettuce and cucumber among serving plates. Spoon the salsa over the steaks. Sprinkle with coriander sprigs to serve.