Ditch the traditional lamb roast and go Greek-style, with melt-in-your-mouth slices of lamb infused with the flavours of oregano, garlic and smoky barbecue.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano (see note)
- 1.2kg butterflied leg of lamb
- 400g Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place oil, garlic, rosemary and oregano in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Stir to combine. Add lamb, turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours, if time permits.
- Preheat barbecue on high with hood closed. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Transfer lamb to a disposable baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in barbecue, with hood closed, over indirect heat for 25 minutes (see note). Turn lamb. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make Mint yoghurt: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve lamb with yoghurt and extra mint leaves, if desired.