Wasabi paste adds a little heat to the sauce and complements the grilled steak in this 15 minute meal. .
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tbs grapeseed oil
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp mirin seasoning
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 4 (about 200g each) porterhouse steaks
- 2 x 250g pkt microwave rice, cooked
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- Shiso leaves, to serve (optional)
- Combine the shallot, oil, rice wine vinegar, mirin seasoning, ginger and wasabi in a bowl. Season well.
- Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Spray the steaks with oil. Season. Cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Thickly slice steak.
- Divide the rice among serving plates. Top with the steak. Drizzle generously with shallot mixture. Serve with the steamed greens and the shiso leaves, if using.