Leap into summer with this healthy steak dinner made for easy entertaining.
- 4 (about 160g each) boneless sirloin steaks (New York cut), all visible fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe large (about 430g) egg tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Use a sharp knife to very lightly score both sides of the steak in a diamond pattern.
- Combine the oil with the garlic, water, coriander, cumin and chilli powder in a small bowl and mix well. Use a pastry brush to brush the mixture evenly over both sides of the steaks. Place on a plate, covered, in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to boil in a saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and add couscous, stirring with a fork. Cover, set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate grains. Combine couscous, cucumber and parsley in a serving bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Set aside. Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high.
- Cook tomatoes on barbecue grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned on edges. Cook steaks for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Roughly chop tomatoes and gently toss through couscous mixture. Serve with steaks.