Bake this sensational banana bread by Curtis Stone for your family.
- 2 large Free Range Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease and line base of a regular 21cm x11cm loaf pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar together in a stand mixer or with electric beaters on medium-high speed for 10 minutes, or until very thick and pale and the mixture forms a ribbon when beater is lifted. Reduce speed to low and beat in the oil in a steady stream. Add the vanilla and yoghurt and then the bananas and walnuts. Mix briefly then remove.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl and pour wet mixture onto the dry mixture, folding gently but thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool.