This moist banana loaf is so delicious it is hard to believe that it is low-fat.
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125ml (1/2 cup) mashed overripe banana
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 x 140g ctn apple fruit puree (Goulburn Valley brand)
- 2 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 120g (3/4 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 120g (3/4 cup) white self-raising flour
- 120g (3/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 6cm-deep, 9.5 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the banana, sugar, apple, eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl.
- Sift over the combined flours. Add the husks from the sieve. Use a large metal spoon to fold the flour into the banana mixture until just combined. Add the blueberries and gently fold.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.